Cannabis Friendly Hosting
Here hosts can find answers to the most frequently asked cannabis accommodations questions. If you are unable to find the answer that you are looking for, please contact us.
How do I register a property?
Does Bud and Breakfast take any registration fee?
How does the guest booking work?
Where are Booking Requests Located?
What is the guest cancellation policy?
- Each listing will specify its own cancellation policy, so as the host, this is determined by you.
- This fee is kept by Bud and Breakfast on top of the listings cancelation policy:
There is a $25 Cancellation fee added when a refund is sent for bookings under $250
There is a $50 Cancellation fee added when a refund is sent for bookings over $250
- There is a $100 Cancellation fee added when a refund is sent for bookings over $1000
Bud and Breakfast allows for extenuating circumstances in short term booking cancellations:
- Death of a family member.
- Severe illness.
- Natural disaster.
- Political unrest in your country.
- Severe Weather Conditions
If the cancellation falls under these conditions Bud and Breakfast will issue an immediate full refund to the guest unless they have spoken to the host in advance.
How does Bud and Breakfast synchronize with VRBO?
VRBO customers can export their calendars to Bud And Breakfast
- Sign into your (VRBO) account.
- Click Calendar
- Click Export Calendar Data.
- Copy the URL.
- Sign into Bud And Breakfast
- Click My Properties
- Click Edit
- Scroll down to ICAL section near bottom of page
- Paste the link into the ICAL link text entry field
- Click save
- Sign into your Bud And Breakfast account.
- Click My Properties, then click the Manage Calendar button below the property name.
- Copy the .ics link under Export Calendar (PC: right click, “Copy Link”, Mac: control-click, “Copy Link”)
- Sign into VRBO
- Click Calendar.
- Select the correct property.
- Click the Import/Export Calendar icon.
- Click Import Calendar.
- Give the calendar a name.
- Select a color to represent the calendar.
- Enter the calendar URL.
- Select whether the calendar will block availability. (Note: in order to block availability, the event must span at least one night.)
- Click Import Calendar.
- Click My Listings
- Click Calendar button under the property
- Paste the link into the ICAL link text entry field
- Click Import.
How does Bud and Breakfast synchronize with AirBnB?
https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/99/how-do-i-sync-my-airbnb-calendar-with-another-calendarAfter creating a listing, click My Properties, click Edit and scroll down to the ICAL section near the bottom of the page. Under this section you will be able to paste the AirBnB .ics link as well as VRBO and any other sites you are listed on.
How can I manage calendars on 4 channels?
Where can I find my Bud and Breakfast ICAL link?
What additional fees might I charge?
- Cleaning fee.
- Extra guest fee.
- Pet fee.
- Refundable damage deposit (NOT COLLECTED BY BUD AND BREAKFAST. Collected between guest and host prior or at check in. Typically via PayPal, check or cash upon arrival)
- Service fee (Bud And Breakfast charges Guest 10%, not including deposit and other fees).
Some of these fees may not apply, all fees that apply are displayed to the guest and the host when a Booking Request is placed and when a booking is complete.
*Please note that in the rare event of a double booking based on a hosts mistake, a charge may be applied by Bud and Breakfast on the host to acquire alternative accommodations for the guest. If in doubt, always set your property booking setting to “manual approval”. Maximum charge to host not to exceed 50% of comparable.
How do I get paid?
Bud and Breakfast sends checks out the day the guest checks in to hosts within the US and we sent payment via Pay Pal to International hosts.. This avoids issues that come from last minute cancellations. **Delivery times may vary by post office and individual mailing hours**
Payouts are subject to the Bud and Breakfast service fee, we subtract 7% from the subtotal of every booking from our hosts. All Payments are from Taste of Travel LLC.
Refundable Damage Deposit will be collected by the host at/or prior to checkin. Damage deposit can be collected via PayPal, Venmo, personal check or cash upon arrival, etc. Bud and Breakfast assumes no liability for damage deposit.
Payouts on Sunday will be sent the following day as U.S. Postal Service is closed on Sunday.
Please note for international Pay Pal payments Bud and Breakfast will split the Pay Pal fee with the host if applicable.
Are pictures of my space important?
Are there contracts?
There are no contracts. Guests and hosts are welcome to exchange contracts once a booking is confirmed.
How do I manage the procedure for reservations?
Host may set “Approval Mode” to “Manual” or “Automatic.”
This tab is under Edit and can be changed at any time. Please check the box if the booking requires admin approval/confirmation. Just because you have approved a request doesn’t mean the guest will book. If booking is finalized you will find it in your Upcoming Bookings under My Properties.
Auto Approval Mode
- Once the guest presses Book Now and checks out via Pay Pal the host and Bud and Breakfast are notified.
- Bud and Breakfast will contact the host to make sure booking is available and send out confirmation email introducing the host and guest with contact information as soon as confirmation is received from the host.
Manual Approval Mode
- Once guest places a booking request, Bud And Breakfast and the Host are notified for approval. The guest is notified letting them know they are awaiting confirmation from the host.
- Host may then approve, deny and communicate with the guest for the booking request. If the booking request is denied, the Guest is notified and booking request is cancelled. If the request is approved by the host the guest is notified and can proceed with payment by logging into their account and clicking My Trips.
- Once payment is received through Pay Pal a confirmation email will be sent out to the host and guest introducing the host and guest with contact information.
What is Verification and Why is Verification Important for Hosts?
How can I update my calendar / pricing?
How can I view new booking requests?
How can see approved requests that are pending payment from the guest?
*Note- If a guest places a booking request, this is not yet a completed booking until payment is received by Bud and Breakfast. We will send out a confirmation email introducing the guest and host once payment has been submitted by the guest. This email will include all pertinent contact information. You will receive multiple confirmation emails from Bud and Breakfast.
How can view all of my future / upcoming bookings?
In this section the host will find the guests email and phone number, as well as a full receipt of your payment minus BnB processing fees.
How can view all of my past bookings?
How do I use the Manage Calendar section of My Properties?
Hosts can paste iCal links onto Bud and Breakfast from other bookings sites by clicking “My Properties”, “Edit” and then scroll down to “Calendar Sync Address”. Paste the link into this section and click “Save Changes”. *This is a very important step for hosts to complete to avoid double bookings.
How can I change pricing for one day?
How can I change pricing for multiple days?
For example: For the dates April 20 – 22, click on April 20th, hold down, drag and release on April 22. You will now see a box pop up and a drop down screen next to “Action”, click “Change Price”. Add the desired price under “New Price”. Click Update Prices. This will update the pricing for April 20 – 22.
To “Block Dates” do the same steps as above to block one day or multiple days.
Make sure to always click on Update your changes.